Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Goodness it has been a while - sorry but a long one



I will break this up into bits to try and make the read more fun!

Those funny moments - I have been blessed with a few funny moments over the last few weeks and some great evenings shared with new and old friends. The pictures in this entry shows how responsible we are as parents!! Please don't judge, the kids had lots of fun, even though it was rather late at night and there was mud involved, we were trying to get them into bed, honestly. They just had a shower outside in the garden rather than the boring bath...Just to make a change! The kids decided to water the garden with the contents of the paddling pool and as you can see there was a lack of grass (Due to the hose pipe ban, blame the government again). Before we knew it there was a mud bath in the middle of the garden, one of the kids fell over and got covered in mud, this caused a small giggle, which they then thought would get more of a laugh if they all rolled around in it. Little Cerys slept through the entire event and so did Erin (thank god!). I hope Esmes garden wasn't too badly damaged by morning. It did need a good old water!

favorite tastes and smells - Everyone has their favorite smells and tastes but have you ever thought about your favorite sounds! Well I discovered one of mine tonight. I have had a very nice relaxing evening alone. The kids were all in bed by 7pm, a bloody miracle and absolutely marvelous. I had an inspiration yesterday, bought on by Nat's brother (Nat is friend at work.) He said he had a huge clear out of clothes and shoes and threw things away that he hadn't worn in 6 months, well I am always given myself excuses to not through away things like...Im pregnant, I'm not pregnant, I am feeling fat, I am fat, I am going to lose weight and get into that, I am working...I am not working....I am a party animal....I am a housewife. Therefore one does need a rather large wardrobe with all my identities, however saying all this I have now decided to go for it and give it up to charity. Getting back to my point about sounds and tastes I must continue. I have been having a good clear out and then decided to go shopping, my mind was set on spending money....But could I find anything I liked...No I couldn't. I ended up buying a bargain teeshirt for Clinton and my dad and a towel for Megan, however I did treat myself to a large tub of Coconut cream scrub from Marks and that how I began my evening. After a long soak in the tub, dye on the hair, quick manicure and pedicure (by myself of course) I really fancied a vodka and diet coke! Drinking alone, I hear you say, has she got a problem! But I remembered one of my favorite sounds. That sound is the metal lid of the vodka spinning off the bottle and the sound of cracking as the liquid hits the ice....What a lovely sound, it always reminds me of those intense America movies, just before a naughty moment or when some gangster gets shot, I suppose it makes me feel like I am all grown up and living in the movies. Well I am all grown up now and even though it feels like I am being naughty having a vodka and diet coke alone, I don't suppose this is really that strange....I mean I am a 36 year old woman with 3 kids and a big mortgage....Damn, that is what I had forgotten whilst I was floating away in the bath!!

No comments: