Sunday, July 16, 2006

Batty and her best buddies



Some of you may already know that the kids call my Mum Batty. Very odd I hear you say but there is a reason behind it. Mum has two best friends from childhood and they are in the picture here. Sue, in the red shirt and white trousers lives in the US with her husband Paul. She has 4 lovely kids and 2 grandkids so far and came over last week for a holiday. Sue's mother was called Atty, which means nannie in one of the Indian languages (apparently she spent time in India) When Mum (in the middle of the picture) became a grandma she didn't want to be a granny or grandma and we already have a Nana in the family (my nana). She thought so much of Atty as a child and wanted to follow in her footsteps but my uncle thought it much more apt to be a Batty instead of Atty and that just stuck.!

Mums other best friend is Rachel (right hand side of photo with the brown top on). Rachel is my Godmother and lives to the north of Newcastle with her hubby Mike. She has two kids that are all grown up now and have moved out. It was so nice seeing the three of them all together and I just hope that I remain close to my friends like they have. Even though they all live many miles away and don't often meet up together, when they do get together nothing changes and they chat just like the old days. Mum had a lovely time with her old pals.

No comments: