Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Its not the hormones, its the kids!

Oh my oh my, I just had to write down my day today just to make sure I am still on this planet. It started with a phone call from our nanny at 7am saying that her house had caught on fire and she was rescued by her brother in the middle of the night. She is OK but spent the night in A&E and is rather devastated as her parents have just left on a 3 week holiday to Florida, leaving her in charge of the house.

Clinton then left for work, its great he has his second big boiler job and its only around the corner so I thought at that point things were looking up but no. I realised that I had no car still because our 4 year old Toyota verso has engine problems and we have spent just shy of £1000 and it still isn't working. I also discovered that Clinton left the pram in the car! so I was stranded with 4 kids in the house again. I didn't feel like cleaning up after the kids all day so I dusted off the baby sling, strapped Owen to my front and took the 3 girls on a scooter ride to the shops, luckily missing the rain that we had throughout the day. All was looking OK and it was 2pm, over half way through the day and no crying spells, no disasters... was this to be a fabulous feel good day or was the worse to come! Bete then sprung a surprise on us and insisted on cleaning the house even though I had cleaned it the day before! So I repaid her by filling in various forms for her in English. During this time Cerys decided to swing on the wardrobe door in her bedroom and ripped the entire thing off, she then hid in my room and decided to throw Clintons fathers day present (a belt) out of the window, which is now stuck on the roof. (I don't think he liked it anyway). So the naughty stairs have started to get used again, thank god Bete did show up to hoover them and make them comfortable for my terrors. Oh I forgot to mention the hour and half lunch we sat through to eat one sandwich, an occurrence that happens regularly in our house, they tend to take it in turns on how fussy they are. Next episode was finding my nail varnish, yes, Cerys managed to paint her fingers and toes, not just the nails, the whole bedroom stinks of nail varnish but surprising I cant seem to find any on the carpet!! I am sure I will tomorrow.

What finally made the tears come was the next incident, whilst I was feeding Owen his 6th lunch Erin came down looking all pleased with herself...."look at my lovely hair style!" WHAT....I said and I saw that the back of her cute bob was all wonky, not that bad but not the straight look. "Oh dear" was my calm reply, we will have to straighten that up next time you are due for a cut Erin, that was a bit naughty, don't tell me Cerys did it" ...."No mummy it was Megan, but I cut Cerys hair for her!!!!" WHAT..... I screamed as I ran up the stairs with Bete close behind and then I saw the mess, hair everywhere and Megan with a dustpan and brush trying to hide the evidence. Cerys didn't seem bothered at all, she has a huge gap in her beautiful locks that now reach her bum, well they did, not anymore, Erin had cut the back close to the scalp, I really don't know what we are going to do but my response at the time was to cry. I couldn't get my head around the fact my baby girl was no longer going to have the long hair I always dreamed of. Very selfishly reaction I suppose because when i calmed down and asked Cerys how she felt, she replied "I want short hair anyway mummy". The rest of the evening was pretty quiet, apart from the building work next door, i sent Megan and Erin to their rooms for punishment and Cerys got to watch a bit of TV. When it was time for bed I discovered that Cerys had wet the sofa, oh great another evening up to my arms in soap suds and finally i got a call at 8.30pm from my tenants saying they had been broken into and they wanted us to come in and fix the door, i explained as politely as i could that all damage should be covered on their household insurance and it wasn't our responsibility as a landlord to pay for a new door and lock. My tenant was rather rude and said he would look at his contract and confirm this and with that hung up!! Oh what a great day I am having and the evening is just beginning!!

No comments: