Tuesday, September 05, 2006

corr blimey Moses

It has been a while since the last input of the Daniels life. Time just goes by doesn't it. So have many funny episodes in my life, each one I think I must put that one on the blog but rarely get the time to tell you.

I haven't mentioned much about the new house have I? well it may be because I still think it is just too good to be true and I really see this house as a life changer for us. Many of you that know me will know that my current home (Sun Lane) has seen me through many happy and sad moments. I bought the house 14 years ago, my first home, first place of independence. All my mates were concentrating on university and what type of drink to buy each week and I was all grown up, waering expensive suits, Cheap shoes and a paying a mortgage each month. This first little house has seen many relationships, not just from me or course but most of my mates would bring their new catch to mine because I was the only one with a pad of my own. I had a separate fridge for beers, which was always the full one, I was rarely in the house to cook, the local cab office knew me personally and I very rarely visited the supermarket in day light hours.

Of course now everything has changed. The booze fridge has been dumped for a large silver fridge freezer and the vodka bottle now lives on the shelf. The local cab office has now changed hands so many times I know no-one and cant even remember the number by heart. I now seem to live in the supermarket, actually I use the supermarket as the highlight of the week at times. (all the desperate housewives will understand). Sad I hear you all say but there are up sides to 'the Change'. I make good use of the sofa and the kettle and TV. I have upgraded all three and now have a fab big silver TV, so huge one that takes over the whole room, a new sofa that makes a fab bed to catch up with the odd bit of sleep during thrilling daytime TV and finally some really true best mates that help to entertain the party animal that I will never lose. When I do go out I really do it in style and actually lose days from my life!! (will explain later). Back to my little end of terrace in Sun lane. All three of my treasures have started their little lives here, I started and ended my first grown up relationship here, met my lovely hubbie here. My best buddy Becs found Sun Lane as a fab sanctuary after the end of her marriage (6 years ago), So did Esme call this place her home and stayed here for a year the last time she ran away from the US. Goodness this place has really seen a few sites and will be really missed but.... I am not losing Sun Lane, I am using Sun Lane as my bank now, I have taken out a nice large mortgage and have bought my next pad, with a big garden, front and back, drive for two cars and a garage. It also has huge potential to convert into a 5 bed, 3 reception roomed house for the ever increasing Daniels family......Goodness I was just interrupted by a screaming Erin who has had enough of her wobbly headed turtle, that chimes when you put shapes in it and she is screaming the house down for attention, this has just been added by Cerys lower pitched cries as she has now managed to kick herself sideways out of her little chair (she is strapped in but is rather long and strong for her age) and has just kicked over an entire can of diet pepsi, apart from that the patient neighbours may just give in and report me for neglect as I try my hardest to steal 10 minutes from my beauty's to write to you. Another reason to leave is because Megans school is closing in 30 minutes....What a bad mother I am...I will be back later to tell you some funny stories...Promise

1 comment:

NML/Natalie said...

Really pleased for you! Sounds like you're having a great time whilst we slave away in here ;-) x