Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Only 11 weeks to go


Can you believe it, many can't, that I only have 11 weeks to go before I pop out a boy! Well it is a bit shocking that I am having number 4 but very exciting all at the same time. I do hope this little one doesn't put me off children, make me crack up, or turn me totally grey. I do love a challenge as you all know but 4 kids under 6 in a recession, we must be mad, well I am.

I use a number of different social networks to keep in touch with family, link up with old friends or even network with potential new business but sometimes reading about your past can become rather depressing. I got stuck into Linked In today as I am building a list of guests to our next networking event. I soon discovered that many old friends, old colleagues have done extremely well with their careers, Directors, CEO's, Owners,entrepreneurs...but where am I!!! I am working part time, trying my hardest to win new business for a tiny business, about to go on maternity with only statutory pay - something ain't right here me thinks! where have I got to? what happened to my Alpha and my Audi? They were replaced with a people carrier. What happened to those crazy nights out? they were replaced by TV and popcorn. What happened to the luxury holidays to far off distant places, diving amongst the coral and bungee jumping off bridges? they were replaced with package holidays to Spain or camping in the south of France.....that's where I have landed up. I was moaning to myself on an email to an old friend Chloe and she made me realise that I have achieved quiet a bit in my 30 odd years....I have done many things that others havent, travelled the world, driven fast cars, seen the sights, worked through a number of jobs and to top it all off I have achieved something that many havent, I have 3 beautiful little girls, I'm still married to my handsome prince, with a couple of houses in a nice area at the same time as pinning down a very responsible job... well that's what I hope anyway. Thank you Chloe for making me feel better about myself and realising it is friends and family that make you successful. Sorry to get all silly, it must be the hormones. I thought I would end this blog with a nice photo of the girls last week, after a birthday party and insisting I painted their faces.... yet another skill I have mastered since having children. Next time I will tell you a few stories about bump number four!

No comments: